As some of you may already know, for nearly 10 years now, I’ve been conducting “Board Meetings,” a year-long series of online workshops with friends, family members, andÂ colleagues (aka “Board Members”) who are interested in developing and pursuing their personal and professional goals. These workshops are not just for making healthful lifestyle changes, but for moving forward with whatever you may have in mind.
I will continue to hold these meetings for 2015 and am hoping that thoseÂ of you who expressed interest in previous years but weren’t able to sign up at the time are able to do so this time around or you’re just finding out about this for the first time and want to join.
Some info about what the meetings and being a Board Member entail:
- The Board Meetings’ mission is to help Board Members get unstuck and move toward their best possible lives; to motivate and inspire Board Members to take steps toward their goals and keep their momentum going throughout the year; to anticipate challenges and practice self-compassion; and to inspire others by our achievements.
- All meetings are 100% virtual via Google Hangouts; we meet for 90 minutes about every 6 weeks and have to complete â€œhomeworkâ€ assignments before the next meeting.
- We develop and share our goals/plans with each other and review/revise these throughout the year.
- We hold each other accountable and generateÂ smart strategies to successfully move us toward our goals.
- We brainstorm solutions, and encourage, mentor, and motivate each other.
- We never berate anyone.
- I take on the responsibility of facilitating the meetings and sending out meeting minutes and reminders, but all Board Members contribute to the meeting agenda items.
- All Board Members must commit to participating in all meetings and making prominent, productive steps toward their goals. There may be times where we need to reschedule as a group due to conflicts/holidays, but each of us must commit to being an active Board Member throughout the year.
All of this is free, by the way.
If you are interested in becoming a Board Member for the 2015 meetings, please completeÂ this registration surveyÂ by Wed, 11/19. (Before you sign up, please be sure you are ready to commit to the above mentioned responsibilities and tasks. I reserve the right to dismiss anyone from the Board if they fail to comply.)
In order to get the most quality out of these, the Board Meeting membership is limited to 6 persons max, so selection will be based on a first-come, first-served basis. I will contact all registrants via e-mail on or before the week of 12/1 to confirm their membership or to notify them if we’ve reach our capacity for the year. I’ll then send the results of the survey to the confirmed Board Members so that we may begin working on the logistics of the meeting schedule. We will conduct our first meeting around the second or third week of January 2015. NOTE: Last year, registration filled up within THREE HOURS, so act quickly if you’re one of the people that missed out last time.
Everyone who has been a part of these meetings in the past can attest that they have been extremely beneficial. (If you’re one of those past members, please feel free to chime in with your testimonial in the comments section below.) At the risk of sounding like an infomercial, whether you are looking to get promoted at work, get out of debt, or start a whole new life for yourself, I am sure you will glean much from them as well.
If you think someone else might benefit from being a part of next year’s DishWithDina Board Meetings, by all means, please pass along this link.
I look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your goals!